Old July 1st 04, 04:19 PM
Pat Flannery

Damon Hill wrote:

Given the extremely high quality of images already returned from
Cassini, I'm certain they will be. Looking at the early images, it
appears Saturn has moonlets not by the dozens, but by the
thousands...and we'll be getting pictures by the tens of thousands
during the course of the mission.

What an age to live in!

I hope they finally settle just how think the rings are, top to
bottom... and what the average size of material that makes them up
is...as to the former, I've heard estimates of as low as 4 feet; as to
the latter, everything from microscopic dust to boulder-sized blocks

Pat.