Old July 14th 03, 05:48 AM
Tony Vinci

Default What Sat's did I see???

/
I was going to start a new thread about my "triangle" sighting when I
happened to read this one. I sighted a triangle formation this evening
at my location in Nevada. Time was 2106 local (UT-7). I was attempting
to sight the "Okean O Rocket" as it passed overhead. I was using 10x50
binoculars. I spotted this somewhat elongated triangle with the
elements having about mag. 4 brightness. I picked them up as they passed
a little East (under) Vega (I was facing East) coming from the North and
proceeded in perfect formation to the SE. These were not conventional
aircraft but were (I am positive) orbital objects. I wish that I could
more accurately describe the size of the formation but am unable to do so.
The triangle was traveling "forward" ie.. the single lead object followed
by the two trailing objects that seemed to be an equal distance to either
side of the lead object's path. I must admit that I was both "thrilled"
and a little bit "spooked" from the eerie feeling that seeing this
formation gave me. Just a closing note: they did happen to be on a path
that would have taken them from approximately the location of the
"INfamous" Area 51 that is just a little NW of my location.
DISCLAIMER: That last comment, although true, was thrown in for humorous
purposes only!
I am now fascinated about these and would like to perhaps learn more
about them. Is there no way to have prediction information available for
future sightings.
Email welcome - send to " (disregard address in header)
Thanks