Old January 11th 19, 01:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Crew Dragno Slides Right

In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote on Thu, 10 Jan 2019
20:25:37 -0500:

In article ,
says...

Looks like Crew Dragon has moved right again. New launch date will be
some time in February and will be determined exactly once they check
things like range availability.

I'm wondering if the government shutdown could be impacting the dates.
I'm not sure if commercial crew is considered "essential" at this time.

Possible. The story I saw didn't mention that but did mention that
'additional testing' on the ground was being required by either NASA,
SpaceX, or both.

Any testing would surely have to be overseen, or at least reviewed in
detail, by NASA personell. So, the longer the government stays
shutdown, the more it will impact commercial crews schedule.

NASA DELAYS SPACEX COMMERCIAL CREW TEST LAUNCH AS PARTIAL GOVERNMENT
SHUTDOWN CONTINUES
16 hours ago by Brendan Byrne (WMFE)
https://www.wmfe.org/nasa-delays-spa...est-launch-as-
partial-government-shutdown-continues/95795

From above:

?SpaceX is assessing any impacts of the partial government shutdown
to our commercial launches,? said SpaceX?s Eva Behrend. ?NASA
continues to support Commercial Crew Program operations as we
move toward our first demonstration mission of Crew Dragon next
month.?

?The partial government shutdown has not had a material impact
on Boeing to date,? the company said in a statement. ?However,
if the shutdown continues for an even more extended period of
time, the effects may begin to weigh on our operational
efficiency and pose other challenges for our business.?

Jeff