Old August 19th 17, 06:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default What the eclipse actually does

So here we are a few days before the moon moves to its orbital position between the Earth and the Sun thereby opening up an astronomical vista by suspending the normal restrictions we have of the solar system and planetary motions -

http://en.es-static.us/upl/2016/11/r...7595696172.jpg

I have seen some wonderful graphics over the last few days skirting many of the topics covered here but all are sterile on how we see things from a moving Earth and the difference between the inner planets, outer planets and how the stars move from left to right of the Sun due to the orbital motion of the Earth. The price of celestial sphere observing is therefore terrible..

I will look forward to images of Mercury to the right of the Sun as it continues its journey to swing in front of the Sun and Venus as it continues its journey to travel behind the Sun but I will do this alone.