Old July 14th 11, 08:54 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
7[_2_]

Default Lack of anti-matter is due to galaxy's rotation?

Yousuf Khan wrote:

Galaxy sized twist in time pulls violating particles back into line
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-07-...ing-particles-

line.html

Quote:
"Dr Hadley believes that the “frame dragging” affect of the whole Galaxy
explains all of those observations. Matter and antimatter versions of
the same particle will retain exactly the same structure except that
they will be mirror images of each other. It is not unreasonable to
expect the decay of those particles to also begin as an exact mirror
image of each other. However that is not how it ends. The decay may
begin as a exact mirror image but the galactic frame dragging affect is
significant enough to cause the different structures in each particle to
experience different levels of time dilation and therefore decay in
different ways. However the overall variation of the different levels of
time dilation averages out when every particle in the decay is taken
into account and CP violation disappears and parity is conserved."

My take:
Okay, I think I understand what he's saying, our galaxy's gravitational
field causes time to move in a specific direction. So how does that
explain all of the other galaxies in the universe? They are all rotating
too, and it looks like they are all oriented randomly from each other in
the 3-space dimensions. Why are they all made of matter too, rather than
antimatter? You'd think there should be just as many
antimatter-dominated galaxies as matter-dominated ones? Also what about
intergalactic space? Time must be all twisted up in the IGM due to
randomly-oriented galaxies' gravitational fields.

What causes our galaxy and all other galaxies to align their rotation
with each other? So I think the author hasn't gone far enough, there
must be a specific frame-dragging happening in the universe as a whole.
It's occurring not in the 3 space dimensions but in the time dimension.
So puny galaxies are all formed in full alignment in the time direction,
due to the overwhelming frame-dragging of the whole universe. So the
whole universe must be rotating too!

Yousuf Khan

My personal opinion, the guy is not looking at the big picture.
In the beginning a vast amount of black holes formed at the edge of the
universe and got pushed out. That is where all of the mass of the
universe resides and according to recent discoveries, thats
exactly what they are detecting at the edge of the universe.
Massive numbers of black holes with enormous red shifts.
They are absolutely distinct from quasars (which I personally
believe are also black holes but traveling faster than c and
tearing up the fabric of space and time creating an intense
form of light that cannot be matched by any other kind of objects
in the universe).

When a fireworks explode, the bulk of the sparkle is on the outside,
i.e. the expanding shell is where the bulk of all matter resides
in ANY explosion. So we talk about missing mass - when they haven't
looked at the edges of the universe. The edges are now
beginning to imaged and is found to be full of black holes.

If all the matter is at the edge, it is possible that if anti-matter behaved
differently it is just conceivable that antimatter has also moved to the
edge of the universe leaving normal matter in the middle.
Its just something that happened - either anti-matter could have flown
to edge or normal matter, but one of them had to do it to make
the universe stable.