Old March 7th 04, 01:23 PM
MDJ

I took some images of a Moon Halo recently and had to go up to 1/500 sec
shutter and f2.8 using a Minolta D7. Your mileage may vary slightly with a
smaller objective lens.

Check out my photos here...

http://www.eaas.co.uk/club_members/s...ography_6.html

Clear Skies

MarkDJ

"Dr DNA" wrote in message
Whilst waiting for the Grand Prix to start last night, I was messing

around
trying to take moon pictures with my canon a40 digital camera.

I basically just pointed the camera at the eyepice and clicked.

Can any one recommend what focus settings I should use, F settings,

exposure
etc ?

I found the pics hugely bright until I dropped the exposure to around
1/100th of a second. My main problem was trying to get an autofocus camera
in focus - I can focus it on some other object beforehand and lock the
focus, should I be focussing on a distant object (the moon) or a very

close
object (the focla point of the scope).