Old November 4th 07, 07:05 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,soc.culture.china,soc.culture.taiwan
Sloppy Joe

Default ..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically)Repeating Itself

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 03:30:56AM +0000, Brian Thorn wrote:
[snip]
It's all a ruse, I tell you! We're not going back to the Moon at all,
that's just a smokescreen for...

OUR SECRET PRISON ON MARS!

We're going to round up all those innocent Muslim jihadists and send
them on big LockMart spaceships that will take them to the
LockMart-run prison at Olympus Mons. China and India know what we're

I have some intel from my usually reliable sources that indicates it will
be a mining prison. Prisoners will work in deep 2/3atm pressurized mines
using such heavy-industry tools as can be shipped from Urth. The Marines
will be running it in concert with Space Command forces. There may be a
scientific mission added once the prison is operating.

up to, so they're sending their own spy satellites to Mars (you don't
really think all this money is being spent just to go BACK to the MOON
do you?) to get better intel.

Everyone wants better intel...

Yes! It's obviously TRUE! What's wrong with all of you that you just
can't see THE TRUTH? All your arguments that prisons on Earth are a
lot cheaper are just BALONEY!

I don't know where you get this stuff. Obviously the prison is meant to
run at a profit once it's large initial capital costs are paid off a bit.