Old February 22nd 17, 07:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default Planet near Proxima Centauri (Travel time)

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 at 1:48:33 AM UTC-8, RichA wrote:
Earth-like? I'd believe it when they get there. Here's the travel time:

-Current rocket technology (if a large enough one could be built): 120,000mph.
25,000 years to get there.

-Project Orion 10,000 ton class ship: 80% speed of light peak speed.
14 years.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2016...d-orig-nws.cnn

We can't even get humans to Mars, never mined to another solar system.
We found out, there is no other life in our solar system, not even a lousy bacteria, so now it's a new flight of imagination , maybe some thing exist in another solar system.