Old February 22nd 17, 11:27 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

Default Planet near Proxima Centauri (Travel time)

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 7:39:54 AM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson wrote:

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 03:38:35 -0800 (PST), Gary Harnagel
wrote:

Nihilistic nonsense. AGW will certainly not be the cause of such
extinction, so why are you so adamant about it?

You don't actually know what nihilism is, do you?

If you believe that the race cannot survive in the long run, then you have
no basis for morals or values.

If you believe that, you are a genuinely scary person. I hope they
don't let you be around other people unsupervised.

I feel the same way about YOU because you have one less restraint on your
behavior than I do.

And where does AGW enter in? Some obsession of yours? I didn't mention it,
and I'm not talking about it.

You have vigorously supported it in other threads.

I have "supported" AGW? Not sure what that means.

Oh, come on, Peterson! You know EXACTLY what I'm referring to. Google
keeps a record. Your one-less-restraint is raising its ugly head.

wsne said:
"There are many things that are FAR more important to most people than
climate change and justifiably so."

And YOU said:
"Nothing I can think of is more important, as the continuation of our
civilization largely depends upon our dealing with it."

But it's irrelevant, since I'm not discussing it here.

So you DO have a compartmentalized mind. That's also very scary.

This is apparently the product of some obsession of yours.

Perhaps. It may be due to the deep scarring you perpetrated on me with
your ad hominem attacks when I differed with your opinions about AGW. But
THAT is irrelevant. It is irrational for you to do that when you also
believe that mankind is doomed to extinction anyway. Do you get pleasure
out of inflicting mental pain on others?