Old February 15th 16, 03:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Questar should have made a 5" Mak-Cass

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 06:49:44 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 5:01:09 PM UTC-5, Davoud wrote:
Quadibloc:
However, while Questars do perform very well for their size, "affordable" and
"Questar" are two words that do not go together.

I beg to differ. I can afford a Questar and I know lots of others who
can afford Questars.

Affordability implies some level of justification for the purchase. A few months of part time work will yield enough $$$ to buy a Questar. It will also yield enough $$$ for a 6-inch Dob and a used car.

Or no savings at all, but a subsistence diet and maybe a roof over
your head. Maybe.