Old February 15th 16, 04:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Questar should have made a 5" Mak-Cass

On Sunday, 14 February 2016 10:49:13 UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 6:30:31 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
I'd have liked one. I've owned the 3.5" and the 7" and believe 5" would be idea. Still relatively portable, yet with sufficient aperture to be used under less than good skies, assuming you look at other things than planets.

As it is, I've got 2 5" Meade ETXs, but I miss the Questar mount.

The Questar was to have been 130mm originally, but 90mm was chosen as more affordable, versatile and practical. The rest is history.

No criticism about their choice for the premiere scope, the 90mm was a good choice.