Old June 4th 04, 01:53 PM
LaDonna Wyss

"Scott Hedrick" wrote in message . ..
"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
"Scott Hedrick" wrote in message

.. .
"LaDonna Wyss" wrote in message
om...
3. My own, independent investigation has not only confirmed Scott's
allegations

How about all that folderol about a switch? Did your investigation prove
beyond a doubt that the piece of metal he yaks about on some switch was

in
fact the cause of the fire?

"Folderol?" My, aren't we prim! Good thing I studied English in
college. :-) The legal standard is beyond a REASONABLE doubt, and
yes it has. The RCS A/C roll switch was hard shorted to ground, and
that short caused multiple problems all along Main B from the moment
Apollo One was powered up at 9:45 that morning. I've tracked the
electrical problems as well as the other so-called "anomalies" that
occurred that day, and they all tie directly to that short.

None of which answers the question. Furthermore, I didn't use "reasonable"
because this isn't a legal forum, it's a scientific one, and the standard of
proof is more than "reasonable" doubt.

And, as for the piece of metal, you do understand the concept of a
hard short (aka "dead" short)?

I've worked with electricity for a long time. I'm well aware of what a hard
short is, just as I am aware that you did not answer my question.
Specifically, let's see the verifiable evidence in which "scott"'s claims
about the roll switch, that it was *the* cause of the fire, is true. Strange
that it managed to survive the fire, since if it were the cause it would
have been in the area most badly damaged, but it looks in fairly good shape.

"scott"'s analysis won't work here, if you are doing a truly *independent*
investigation. What is the name and verifiable contact information for the
expert who examined the switch?

Ummm, since you have "worked with electricity for a long time" then
you must realize that on a circuit containing such a short, a fire can
start at the point of the short, or at any place along that circuit,
or in multiple places along the circuit. You are assuming the fire
started behind Panel 8 behind or around the A/C roll switch. It did
not. (As a side note, have you been to Scott's website and seen the
picture of that microswitch? It is clear something rather powerful
blew through that circuit.) The fire actually started in the +yaw
thruster of the Service Module, and the fire started 22 minutes before
NASA claims it did. Again, if you ever find your way to the National
Archives, you will find multiple documents discussing fire damage to
Sector One of the Service Module, damage technicians were at a loss to
explain. Further, if you get a copy of the voice transcript, you will
find that +yaw thruster misfired the first time Gus pulsed it; he was
forced to fire it a second time. Three minutes later, Roger pointed
something out to Gus. The transcript is chopped up at this point, but
given the crew's next actions it is rather plain Roger saw smoke:
Immediately after Roger points something out to Gus, Roger and Gus
both open their faceplates and keep them open for approximately a
minute. At 6:24 another crew member opens his faceplate again (ECU
data indicates this; no one was speaking at the time so we do not know
whose visor it was.) At 6:30:85 Gus opened his faceplate a third
time, this time keeping it open THROUGH THE FIRST CALL OF FIRE, which
came from Gus, not Roger (this according to Bell Lab's voice tape
analysis.) Why is everyone playing musical visors? Think about it
for a second and the answer is clear: They are trying to smell what
Roger saw: Smoke. Unfortunately, due to the outflow of oxygen from
the suits they were unable to do so.
Finally, as I said, go look at the picture of the microswitch. It
speaks for itself.