Old October 14th 15, 06:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

Default Dangers of Global Warming

On Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 10:18:05 AM UTC-5, Quadibloc wrote:
Maybe converting the utilities will be enough, and we won't even have to switch
to electric cars - which are, at present, inferior, just as CFC-free
refrigerators are inferior.

John Savard

Whoa! Even at this point my electric car is NOT inferior to anything. It runs silently like a fine watch, does not have a transmission, gears and other claptrap.

The Tesla recently outran the most powerful production vehicle, the Dodge Hellcat, in a 1/4 mile race. The BMW i8 outruns the top of line BMW M4 super sports car. Here are the BMW specs:

"The BMW i8 is no ordinary sports car. It's an icon of progress - an extraordinary evolution of The Ultimate Driving Machine®. As a plug-in hybrid, this revolutionary vehicle combines the power of a TwinPower Turbo engine and the efficiency of an all-electric motor for an exhilarating driving experience that's every bit BMW."

- 0-60 mph in under 4.5 seconds

- Combined max. power - 362 hp and 420 lb-ft torque

- Boasts up to 94 mpg fuel efficiency*

- Fully recharges in 1.5 hours from a 220-volt Level 2 charger