Old January 3rd 13, 01:51 PM posted to sci.space.tech
David Spain

Default 25 years in space?

On 11/30/2012 4:08 PM, samtkc wrote:
I hope this question is not too far afield (or too morbid), but does
anyone know what would happen to a dead body after 25 years of drifting
in space inside a spaceship? I am writing a story that includes the
possibility of a astronaut dying while on a mission and his spaceship
drifting for 25 years before it is found. I would appreciate any
suggestions about how a body would decay in this situation.

Sam

Don't know about 25 years, but Geoffrey Landis occasionally posts to the
sci.space.... groups and has this interesting link (at least for shorter
term effects with some references based on animal studies):

http://www.geoffreylandis.com/vacuum.html

Dave