Old October 11th 04, 10:41 PM
william mook

dave wrote in message ...
Johnboy wrote:
We can get people to
the Moon in five years,

But why?

I,m not sure that thats not the saddest thing I have ever heard anyone say.

I'm sure its the dumbest! Our capacity to operate in space allows us
to tap into to extraterrestrial resources. This comes precisely at
the time our growing needs are beginning to outstrip terrestrial
resources. Clearly delaying or diminishing our capacity in this area
will cost future generations dearly. Plainly we should move
agressively to develop the skills needed to tap abundand
extraterrestrial resources as quickly as possible and bring about
those changes that are needed to transform life on Earth to one of
plenty for all.