Old May 16th 06, 04:07 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station

Default ...Lesson for Nasa! US Airmail and Aviation

David Ball wrote:

id they ever do any studies of what beaming all that power through
:the atmosphere would do to things like the ozone layer and weather
atterns, or is it so small compared to what we get from the SUN that
:it wouldn't make a difference.

Not enough to matter.

:Actually, I've wondered if we could do some weather and energy usage
:control with shades or reflectors in space. Could you diminish the
ower of a hurricane by cutting off much of the sunlight to it since
:it seems like warmth that makes hurricanes grow.

Hurricanes draw their power primarily from the water. If shade would
do it they'd all stop at night.

territory."
--G. Behn