Old July 20th 06, 09:53 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Dave Daniels

Default v.bright fireball...

In article ,
nytecam wrote:

.seen ~mag -7 on Tuesday 2006 July 18 at ~23BST [2200UT] from Worcester
Park SW London tracking north from SE - NE some 20 degrees above the
horizon through Aquarius and slowly dipping in Pegasus. Head was
coloured bright green with 2 degree tail coloured orange. This was
the brightest and most colourful meteor I've seen for decades. Anyone
else see it?

I believe I saw it. I saw a very bright meteor at 22.53 UT
heading SE to NE through the square of Pegasus on July 18th. It
split up into several pieces at the end of its path. Looking at
Norton's, I would say this happened somewhere around the
Pegasus/Pisces border. This was from central Essex.

Nytecam 51N 0.1W

Dave Daniels

--
ANTISPAM: Apologies for the mangled address. The name is correct
but replace 127.0.0.1 with ormail.co.uk