Old March 14th 19, 08:35 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Paradigm Shift: from Invariable Speed of Light to Invariable Wavelength

As light falls in gravity, its speed and frequency increase proportionally:

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: "Consider a falling object. ITS SPEED INCREASES AS IT IS FALLING. Hence, if we were to associate a frequency with that object the frequency should increase accordingly as it falls to earth. Because of the equivalence between gravitational and inertial mass, WE SHOULD OBSERVE THE SAME EFFECT FOR LIGHT. So lets shine a light beam from the top of a very tall building. If we can measure the frequency shift as the light beam descends the building, we should be able to discern how gravity affects a falling light beam. This was done by Pound and Rebka in 1960. They shone a light from the top of the Jefferson tower at Harvard and measured the frequency shift." https://courses.physics.illinois.edu...re13/L13r.html

This means that, given the formula (frequency)=(speed of light)/(wavelength), the wavelength of light in a gravitational field is INVARIABLE.

The top of a tower of height h shoots a bullet downwards with initial speed u. As the bullet reaches the ground, its speed (relative to the ground) is

u' = u(1 + gh/u^2)

According to Newton's theory, light falls with the same acceleration as ordinary falling bodies. Therefore, if the top of the tower emits a light pulse downwards, this pulse will reach the ground with speed

c' = c(1 + gh/c^2)

The frequency an observer on the ground will measure is

f' = c'/λ = f(1 + gh/c^2)

where λ is the (invariable) wavelength and f=c/λ is the initial frequency (as measured at the top of the tower). This frequency shift has been confirmed by the Pound-Rebka experiment.

The above analysis, apart from justifying the axiom

"The wavelength of light is invariable",

proves that gravitational time dilation does not exist - Einstein's general relativity is nonsense.

Pentcho Valev