Old March 12th 19, 05:26 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Special Relativity's Predictions: Just Nonsense

Einstein's false constant-speed-of-light postulate entails that unlimitedly long objects can gloriously be trapped, "in a compressed state", inside unlimitedly short containers:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/De9fBJwWkAEMaXZ.jpg

"These are the props. You own a barn, 40m long, with automatic doors at either end, that can be opened and closed simultaneously by a switch. You also have a pole, 80m long, which of course won't fit in the barn. [...] So, as the pole passes through the barn, there is an instant when it is completely within the barn. At that instant, you close both doors simultaneously, with your switch. [...] If it does not explode under the strain and it is sufficiently elastic it will come to rest and start to spring back to its natural shape but since it is too big for the barn the other end is now going to crash into the back door and the rod will be trapped IN A COMPRESSED STATE inside the barn." http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic...barn_pole.html

"If it does not explode..." - can it explode? Of course. A 100 km long object is gloriously trapped inside a 5 cm long container, tries to restore its original length (100 km), and... explodes (powerful explosion, isn't it?):

"In a more complicated version of the paradox, we can physically trap the ladder once it is fully inside the garage. This could be done, for instance, by not opening the exit door again after we close it. In the frame of the garage, we assume the exit door is immovable, and so when the ladder hits it, we say that it instantaneously stops. By this time, the entrance door has also closed, and so the ladder is stuck inside the garage. As its relative velocity is now zero, it is not length contracted, and is now longer than the garage; it will have to bend, snap, or EXPLODE." https://en.wikipedia..org/wiki/Ladder_paradox

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DafYwspX0AAixYo.jpg

Pentcho Valev