Old June 27th 18, 09:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Elliot[_4_]

Default Bacteria in spaeships

What are we going to do about preventing Earth bacteria
from contaminating Mars biota when we set foot on Mars?

You're assuming that there is an actual living Mars biota. This has
not been proven. There are signs that Mars may have had life in the
distant past, but we do not have any definitive evidence that proves
life exists on Mars today.

Isn't my assumption. It's NASA's.

Please cite this NASA assumption that there is an actual living Mars
biota. Note that spacecraft sterilization efforts do not demonstrate
such an assumption, since we did the same thing for lunar probes and
nobody thought there was an actual living biota there.

Then why are they sterilizing landers?
Do they also sterilize satellites?

As for the moon, did they sterilize the suits used for moon walks?
Did the moon lander or the moon walkers expell any air while on the
moon?