Old September 26th 08, 06:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Using a ST-4 in a modern (Vista) world

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:29:30 GMT, "George Normandin"
wrote:

I have a Sony Viao running Vista that I use to run the STL using CCDsoft v5.
I have a USB to serial converter that allows CCDsoft v5 to connect to the
ST-4, but it will only connect to one camera at a time. CCDops will not work
with an ST-4. Is it possible to run two instances of CCDsoft, one
controlling the ST-4, and the second controlling the STL? If not, is there
another way?

What do you mean that CCDSoft will only connect to one camera at a time?
Surely it has no problem letting you use the STL for imaging and the ST4
for guiding. I can do that easily with Maxim, and it uses exactly the
same camera drivers as CCDSoft. What happens when you try using the two
cameras together?

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com