Old September 26th 08, 06:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
George Normandin[_1_]

Default Using a ST-4 in a modern (Vista) world

I have an ST-4 that I've not used in about 5 years, and for reasons beyond
this discussion, I'd like to use it with a guide scope to guide an STL 1301E
imaging camera on various telescopes.

I have a Sony Viao running Vista that I use to run the STL using CCDsoft v5.
I have a USB to serial converter that allows CCDsoft v5 to connect to the
ST-4, but it will only connect to one camera at a time. CCDops will not work
with an ST-4. Is it possible to run two instances of CCDsoft, one
controlling the ST-4, and the second controlling the STL? If not, is there
another way?

If I can't do this I suppose I can always focus the ST-4 using CCDsoft, and
then disconnect and guide using the functions on the ST-4 control box.

George N