Old March 1st 04, 03:37 PM
Alan Erskine

"William R. Thompson" wrote in message

I couldn't find the AW&ST report online, but I did find this summary of
the budget:

There's no mention of funds for booster development--either man-rating
a current booster, or developing a new booster in case the CEV and lunar
vehicles can't fit current boosters. The timeline for developing the
unmanned, Block I CEV alone seems amazingly rapid, especially as there
are no plans available for it and its mission requirements. The
schedule
also seems to assume nothing will go wrong on this limited budget. In
addition some funds will be taken from next-generation booster
development.

--Bill Thompson

Mary, didn't you have something to say about 'man' rating an lv some time
ago?

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,