Old February 24th 04, 02:58 PM
Jon Isaacs

Default Konus-Synta achromat refiguring. Help!!

Thanks for the replay!

At high magnification IN FOCUS I can see the Airy disk +5 or 6
bright diffraction rings.

What is high power?

Of course the atmosphere make those rings dancing like ballerina on
ice....
I think this is a " extraneous junk (borrowing R.C.) " which is
destroying my contrast.

At medium and low mags. inside focus I can see the Outer 2 rings much
brighter than the outside of focus outer rings.

The bottomline on a scope is not the star test but rather how it works when in
focus as an observational instrument..

It appears to me that this scope does a reasonable job, seeing 6 diffraction
rings at high power is a sign things are pretty good.

I am wondering if you just asking too much of this scope...

Jon "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Isaacs