Old July 30th 16, 02:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SpaceX just did a full duration test firing of a recovered 1st stage

In article , says...

In message
Jeff Findley wrote:

Saw the Tweet last night, with video, of a full duration test firing of
a recovered Falcon 9 first stage at their McGregor, Texas facility. I'm
sure there will be stories on the space news websites today.

News this morning says a second full duration firing has taken place.

Good to hear.

From what I've read, this stage will be the "life leader", which would
imply that they're going to fill, fire, and inspect it many times to
gather hard data to help determine just how many times a Falcon 9 first
stage can successfully be reused. Test firings in Florida would likely
require government approval and/or scheduling. So, doing this work at
McGregor is most likely more efficient than at KSC or Cape Canaveral.

Jeff