Old July 30th 16, 01:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Vaughn Simon

Default SpaceX just did a full duration test firing of a recovered 1ststage

On 7/29/2016 7:30 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
Firings at McGregor aren't terribly "secret". Hint: the neighbors
already complain a bit about the noise. These things are *loud*,
especially a first stage firing (nine engines at once).

I'm sure that's true, but I'll bet that you can't see much from outside
the fence. If there were to be some sort of incident, they can be
pretty sure that they will own the only pictures/video. Also, at any
given time I doubt if there is much press hanging around McGregor
compared to KSC.