Old May 18th 08, 06:03 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default "NASA Watch" gets really ****ed off.

You got that right. A phenomenal waste of time.

You know, it actually didn't use to be.

But now that it has morphed into "Everest Watch" instead of NASA
Watch, it is really quite different. I submitted some comments to his
site pointing out that while what Scott Parazynski is doing a
wonderful personal adventure, it actually isn't relevant to watching
NASA, and only vaguely has anything to do with real exploration for
any one but Scott. In that Scott is doing what many others have
already done, and actually following in their footprints as well as
their footsteps, there is some symbolic reference to the whole "return
to the Moon for the first time" effort.

But Keith threw me off his site. "You made your point", he curtly e-
mailed me.

So let's just all be aware that the "comments" that NASA Watch is now
inviting are well filtered, and if they appear to disagree with Keith,
even if they are civil and in the spirit of good discourse, they're
just not going to show up. That's his prerogative, of course, since
it's his website. But the experiment has been done, and the results
are pretty clear.

Fortunately, there are many other forums that welcome different
perspectives, and actually tolerate some intellectual contrariness.