Old October 4th 05, 07:31 AM
OM

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 21:21:09 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
Considering that the rockets in the rocket garden were paid for with
taxpayer dollars (and a hell of a lot of them at that) that really sucks.

Gee, and to think I was mildly abused for suggesting that same thing
sometime back.

....Were you? I can't recall that one, although I personally agree with
Pat with regards to the rocket garden. The sole exception, of course,
has been the Saturn V restorations. I've no problem with paying to see
them once they've been reworked and giftwrapped, but at the same time
whoever's running the show doesn't need to get greedy, either. A
dollar is the proper price for admission, with extra donations always
being a welcome option. It's worked for decades for the Battleship
Texas, and they don't even *have* a minimum admission.

....Speaking of Saturn restorations, has anyone heard anything on the
progress of the JSC one? The e-mail address I had for the guy in
charge no longer works(*), and the last time I was at JSC a few weeks
ago, *nobody* had a clue and were curious themselves.

(*) Not that it matters. The guy was a total jerk, and after the first
curt reply to my query on status - "well make an announcement when
we're ready." - he refused to respond to *any* queries.
OM

--

"Try Andre Dead Duck Canadian Champagne! | http://www.io.com/~o_m
Rated the lamest of the cheapest deported | Sergeant-At-Arms