Old September 28th 05, 03:36 AM

Of course, if he pays ENOUGH, he WILL see a big difference! The AA ego is
huge and I've never seen a bad review!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doink
------

Some thoughts:

I have seen more than a few negative reviews. If you want a review
which severely critizies a scope, a "BAD REVIEW", here's one for you:

http://www.cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=1105

I like David Knisely's reviews on Cloudy Nights, he has been around a a
long time and knows what's what, he writes a descriptive review that
pretty much lets one know what a skilled observer can do with a given
scope, what its strengths and weakness are, just a good well done
review.

---------------

Personally I see very few "large egos" here or on other astro forums.
What I see here are people with varying amount of experience sharing
that experience with the hope of helping someone else. That is how I
view my role here, helping others and getting help for myself.

-----

I will say that my experience with people who are looking through
scopes where one collects about twice as much light is that they are
indeed impressed. Myself, I am very impressed with the difference
between my 70mm Pronto and my 100mm "Burion" (=Burgess OTA + Orion
100mmF6 Achro.) The Pronto is a much higher quality scope but these
days I rarely use it simply because the added aperture of the Burion
shows more, both DSO and planetary.

Jon Isaacs