Old April 2nd 08, 08:00 PM posted to sci.space.history
BradGuth

Default 40th Anniversary of 2001:A Space Odyssey

On Apr 2, 10:48 am, eyeball wrote:
On Apr 2, 11:27 am, Al wrote:

On Apr 2, 10:18 am, Al wrote:

Forty years ago today in D.C. .
Technology detected in the film still as good as gold.... but still
probably 50 to 100 years off in the future.

Change 'detected' to 'depicted'!

So it's 3 months older then me....and I'll still be lucky to live long
enough to see it happen...
Although rather then Russians to share the moon with it will be
Chinese...

China has the right stuff as is, although perhaps India too has a
sufficient cache of right stuff, at least for either of those
establishing the initial LSE-CM/ISS as our next Oasis/Depot Gateway.
.. - Brad Guth