Old January 16th 17, 10:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Default Short list trimmed: Last entry for moonwalkers removed at 82

Gene Cernan is no longer leaving footsteps.

Among the places reporting his death is NPR, which shows pictures from
then (1972) and nearly-now (2016).

"My dad always used to say, 'Just go out and do your best. You're not
going to be better than everyone at everything.' And he was right,"
Cernan said, "I wasn't. But he was also right one other time when he
said, 'Someday you're going to surprise yourself. Just do your best and
someday you're going to surprise yourself.' "

URL:http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/16/505928876/gene-cernan-last-man-to-walk-on-the-moon-dies-at-82

/dps

--
The presence of this syntax results from the fact that SQLite is really
a Tcl extension that has escaped into the wild.