Old February 4th 10, 02:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

Default Global Warming and what you can do to against it

On Feb 4, 2:29*pm, Quadibloc wrote:

Construction workers who insulate buildings do not have better, more
fulfilling, and better paying jobs than stockbrokers. Nor do computer
keyboards use great amounts of energy.

Did I say they were fulfilling? I only suggested their insulating work
would be far more useful than sitting in an office pretending to be
working. Fulfilling is a highly variable term where work is concerned.
One man's vocation is another's misery.

The internet and computer construction and their use is a massive
guzzler of energy globally. There is even talk of moving major servers
to cold climates, like Iceland, to reduce their considerable cooling
costs. The keyboard is just the ergonomically inhuman interface. Once
considered a tool only useful for low paid, working class women of
relatively low intelligence. Mankind has bent over backwards to learn
the QWERTY keyboard because computers were too dumb to understand
useful commands in any other way. And man was too dumb to come up
with any other way of talking to idiot computers.