Old May 22nd 07, 05:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Starlord

Default ASTRO: me, the moon, and venus - Cherry Springs Star Party

The towers are maybe 100ft tall, about as big as the cell tower across the
freeway from me, but it has to have a light because it's in the approch
pathway to Palmdale airport, FoxField airport, Mojave Spaceport, and Edwards
AFB, the wind mills are ALL on the southside of that mountain range but they
cover an area that's at lest 5miles wide by 20 miles long and there's plans
going to be submitted to Kern county that add another 100 mills in 10 years
to what's already up there, if it get's oked, they have to buy the land
first.

and NOT ONE has a light on them! Mojave is a major LPer of that area itself.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
AD World
http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

"George Normandin" wrote in message

They're talking about 150+ towers each over 400 feet high. At that hight
they would need red lights for air warnings.

How high are your towers? Do they produce any noticable light pollution?
Remember we're talking Bortle scale 2 dark sky at Cherry Springs,
something rare in the mid-atlantic states, so even a little extra light
would be a "big deal".

George N