Old May 22nd 07, 04:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: me, the moon, and venus - Cherry Springs Star Party

"Starlord" wrote
Wind Frams with "Linghted" towers??? Seems odd, as Rosamond is within 17
miles of a wind farm that has over 200 POWER GENS up making power by the
mountain winds and there's not a lighted up tower amount them all. Get a
calif. map and look up Mojave and look to it's northwest to the
Tachipie(Mis-spelled) mountians which have the Biggest wind farms (I hope
we're talking the same here) in the USA.

They're talking about 150+ towers each over 400 feet high. At that hight
they would need red lights for air warnings.

How high are your towers? Do they produce any noticable light pollution?
Remember we're talking Bortle scale 2 dark sky at Cherry Springs, something
rare in the mid-atlantic states, so even a little extra light would be a
"big deal".

George N