Old May 9th 07, 03:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dave Mitsky

Default Cherry Springs Star Party

On May 3, 10:13 pm, "George Normandin"
wrote:
Cherry Springs Star Party in PA, starting May 17th.

There's not much info "out there" on this one. Does anyone know if it's
happening? Anyone going?

My friend Art and I currently plan on being there with my Obsession 20, plus
PST, and DSLR on a EQ-1 for some wide-field imaging. This is our first trip
to the park and if it works out I'll bring my RC10/MI-250 for some imaging
on a future expedition.

George N

There have been some problems with updating the star party section of
the ASH web site but there are indeed a number of fine speakers and
door prizes in store.

Here's the schedule of speakers:

Friday

1:00 p.m. - Dr. Peter Allen (Penn State) - The Smallest Stars: Their
Role in the Universe

3:00 p.m. - T.J. Koller (ASH Stardust Newsletter Editor and the
Secretary of the Astronomical Society of Harrisburg) - The Night Sky
for the Cherry Springs Star Party

4:00 p.m. - T.J. Koller - The Hubble Space Telescope

6:30 p.m. - Alan Chen ( http://www.heavenlyview.com ) - Imaging with
One-shot Color Camera

Saturday

1:00 p.m. - Dr. Al Lamperti (Temple University and the Delaware
Valley Amateur Astronomers) - A 3D Tour of the Universe Beyond the
Solar System

2:30 p.m. - Karl Krasley (the Pennsylvania Outdoor Lighting Council
and the Chesmont Astronomical Society) - Light Pollution Is Hiding My
Galaxies

4:00 p.m. - Chip Harrison (Cherry Springs State Park Park Manager) -
Cherry Springs Dark Skies (A PowerPoint update on what's new at the
park for 2007 and where the future is going to take us.)

6:00 p.m. - Rob Teeter ( http://www.teeterstelescopes.com/ ) -
Building the Perfect Telescope