Old July 5th 06, 09:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dave Mitsky

Default 2006 Cherry Springs Star Party Photos

RMOLLISE wrote:

Edit

HI Dave:

Wonderful star party, and I had a wonderful time. Sorry the skies
weren't a little better (I did get a taste of what the site's capable
of Saturday night), but considering the weather that's been hitting the
northeast, I'd say we were lucky! :-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise

Rod,

I'd say we were extremely lucky. Although the skies were fairly good
on Saturday night, they didn't begin to match the seventh magnitude VLM
that Cherry Springs is capable of on the best nights. The rain
returned big time on Sunday and that was just the beginning. There was
some flooding throughout the state but it could have been a lot worse.

I regret that I didn't get a chance to observe with you. Bob Naeye and
I did a bit of scope-hopping together until he turned in for the night.
My last observation was the G1 globular cluster in M31 through a new
20" Starmaster owned by fellow DVAA member Vince Sheetz.

Dave Mitsky