Old November 22nd 03, 07:53 PM
Starlord

Default Solar System vs. deep-sky

To start off with, while I am set up as an Sidewalk Astronomer, I use the
plantets and our moon as viewing subjects, just not that many other things are
seeable threw the street lights.

But when I am set up at home or my hidden viewing area, then I mostly go for the
Deep Space objects, as they can fire up my mind and adds fuel to what I can
dream about. I don't let the knowage that it'll be a long time coming before man
goes out there, but as I look at M42, or other DSP's, my mind is far from being
planet bound, instead it's out there riding the Stellar Winds between the stars.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening
But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Ad World
http://adworld.netfirms.com

"Dave & Janelle" wrote in message
It's currently stormy and snowy here (USA/CO); observing is out of the
question for a while. Here's a fun topic to kick around... what type of
observing do you like better - Solar System or deep-sky?

I'm a definite Solar System observer.

In a very real way, we can divide the Universe up into two pieces: Our Solar
System, and everything else. Or, equivalently, stuff that matters and stuff
that doesn't.

---