Old August 18th 18, 08:07 PM posted to sci.astro
Michael F. Stemper

Default Astronomers identify some of the oldest galaxies in the universe

On 2018-08-18 08:00, Jan Panteltje wrote:
Astronomers identify some of the oldest galaxies in the universe
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0816183200.htm

Close to the milky way!

The fact that the ones identified are close to us is just because
we can't adequately observe faint satellites of other galaxies,
right? This article doesn't actually imply that we occupy some special
spot where galactic formation first happened, does it?

--
Michael F. Stemper
I feel more like I do now than I did when I came in.