Old July 12th 18, 07:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Paul Schlyter[_3_]

Default Professor from second-rate university thinks he's going to time travel

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:33:28 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 July 2018 02:23:10 UTC-4, Quadibloc wrote:
On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 8:34:10 PM UTC-6, RichA wrote:
I'm surprised this guy isn't at the Institute for Advanced

Study...not really.

I would tend to agree with Lee Smolin: time really does pass, and

as Arthur C.
Clarke said, time travel "is a fit subject for fantasy, not

science".

Still, your title made me think of an old science-fiction story

about a failed
attempt by a scientist at Unknown University to solve the

terrorism problem by
nipping it in the bud.

John Savard

What I like are moronic "scientists" who think that somehow, man is

going to create "wormholes" when it would take an atom smasher the
size of the galaxy just to see elementary particles as they really
are. We will never have the power.

Do you think you can predict the future?

Some other examples of predictions about science, made in the past:
We will never be able to leave the Earth. We will never know what
stars are made of.

"Never" is a very strong word. So let's wait until the future
actually arrives, and then see what actually does happen, OK?