Old June 11th 12, 07:53 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Ben[_2_]

Default Our galaxy heading for collision with Andromeda Galaxy

On Friday, June 8, 2012 8:53:47 PM UTC-7, signifiespost wrote:
NASA states that nothing will happen to our Solar system. This is
absurd. The collision will commence after 2 billion years. By that
time, Sun would have turned into a red dwarf star gobbling up all his
planets.

Even otherwise, solar system would perish in countless supernova
explosions that follow the galaxy collision.

Check out:http://signifies.net/our-galaxy-heading-for-an-end/

This may provide something to help construct a scenario:
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...milky-way.html