Old March 13th 07, 01:36 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Default Bye-bye INF treaty?

"Eric Chomko" wrote:

:On Mar 10, 2:49 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
: "Eric Chomko" wrote:
: :
: :About euros vs. dollars, who conspired and how? Do tell. I mean you
: :have this idea about how I have a conspiracy theory. What is it? What
: :does it look like to you?
: :
:
: The claim that this was the root of the Iraq war, of course. Pure
: paranoid conspiracy theory...
:
:
:It was one of the "real" causes of the Iraq war. Can't have OPEC
:countries accepting anything but dollars, or else someone could get
:hurt (to borrow from the likes of Tony Soprano).

This is the stupidest idea that I've heard about what 'caused' the
Iraq war.

:A "fake" cause is the
:claim that Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

I'll simply note that this is a 'claim' that I've only heard from
liberals and Democrats. Rather like the threat of a military draft
that only ever comes from Charlie Rangel.

--
"His ignorance is encyclopedic."
-- Abba Eban