Old September 26th 05, 12:11 AM
Pat Flannery

Damon Hill wrote:

If, as you say, you are only just now visiting a KFC, I
do suggest the bathroom to wash your hands before and after
eating. That chicken is greasy and so are some of the
restaurants!

They should have a restaurant down there where you can eat space food,
kids might get a real kick out of that.
When I was a kid, I wanted dinner to consist of a plate with some
squeeze tubes on it. I thought vitamin pills were neat, and wondered if
you could live off of them alone.

Oh, you meant KSC. Well, the visitors center of course,
and take the bus tour. Been a while since I was last there,
but there was a tour of the facility where the ISS modules
were being prepped for flight, including a walk-through
life-sized mockup.

There's a very nice unspoiled beach at Playalinda, straight
east out of Titusville, and a wildlife refuge there as
well. At time time the road went surprisingly close by
one of the Shuttle launch pads, but it's been shifted
north. There are NO facilities out there other than
porta-johns, so you'll need to pack a full lunch and
plenty of ice.

A snakebite kit might be a good idea also- not that that well be of much
use after the Coral Snake gets you, but it will give you something to
play with while you're dying.
To get you in the proper mood for your visit to the beach, here is
webpage devoted to Florida's venomous snakes:
http://www.floridaconservation.org/v...s/snakesv.html
Keep an eye peeled for Loggerhead Sea Turtles- although there have never
been reports of these aquatic horrors coming up on shore and eating
beachcombers, that could just mean that no one has ever survived the
attack, and all of their victims have been dragged to a watery grave in
a matter of seconds.
Also, remember that most Florida species of butterflies posses venomous
stingers and biting mouthparts, so you will want to pack a can of
butterfly repellent.
Make sure to stop at Ernie's Alligator Petting Zoo in Titusville,
located conveniently close to the Titusville Trauma Center.

Dixie Crossroads restaurant in Titusville is a must for
me, for the rock shrimp platter. Much better than KFC
any time!

The platter is made out of granite and weighs fourteen pounds BTW. ;-)

Pat