Old September 13th 04, 07:54 PM
Mike Combs

"Carey Sublette" wrote in message
k.net...

So capturing the beamed energy, converting it to electricity, and using it
to power what is essentially a low energy (but extremely high current)
particle accelerator would provide efficient use.

If you ever get a chance, read "2081: A Hopeful View of the Human Future" by
Gerard K. O'Neill. He talks a bit about beamed-energy powered ion drives,
and projects them to be the drive of choice for passenger travel throughout
the system. I bet he went through the same chain of logic you just did.

--

Regards,
Mike Combs