Old September 17th 14, 06:47 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Change in average global temperature from 1880 to 2014 - Nasa

On Monday, September 15, 2014 4:33:39 PM UTC-6, Uncarollo2 wrote:

This is a fun fact:

"Mars is essentially in the same orbit [as Earth]....Mars is somewhat the
same distance from the sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures
where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means
there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

- Dan Quayle, former vice president, commenting on President George H.W.
Bush's Space Exploration Initiative as quoted in This New Ocean by William E.
Burrows.

So spelling 'potato' as 'potatoe' was not the worst of his disconnects with the
real world. Thank goodness _he_ wasn't the politician who invented the
Internet; it would never work!

John Savard