Old September 2nd 10, 02:51 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
spudnik

Default Newton still towers over Hooke -- laying down!

wow; never done a proof by contradiction, Andormorph?

thus:
wow, that is exemplary, dood. (of course,
it's in the M&M paper, that they most certainly did
n o t find "no results," however slight .-)

You cannot have an aether that is
at rest with any one body. If the earth
were at rest with the aether at any
point, then every other galaxy that is
accelerating away from earth would
experience an aether flow towards earth,
and *their* light would be affected.

Therefore the aether must be
moving in all directions wrt ALL bodies equally.

M and M simply disproved something
that could not be possible in the first place.

thus: Bjorn's change-of-heart could've been predicted, since
1st espoused his views in a Holy Economist guest editorial
-- the only thing that is ever signed by an author in it. so,
naturally, he is a proponent of bpTM's old KyotoTM cap&tradeTM,
and my Rep. Waxman's and my California Assemblywoman's
(now Senator) cap&trade derivatives, a.k.a. "free-er trade
on the free market -- free beer &or freedom!"
and, of course, one of Bjorn's telltales is that
cold generally leads to more deaths than heat,
per annum.

thus: he stole that from Hooke, then burnt all
of his portraits -- "ahahaha,
on the shoulders of that clever little dwarf!" (viz,
Sir I., the plagiarist, Freemason, alchemist-
who-burnt-his-"Principles"-in-an-accident-and-
had-it-"reconstructed"-by-the-RS-with-the-dydx-rectangle
etc. ad vomitorium .-)

thus: Euclid's proof is so simple, that
it takes a truly linguistically challenged individual
to dyss it; after all, all
of math problems are, really, wordproblemmas!

thus: as for ordinary spatial finite elements,
you really need tetrahedronometry; eh?

--les ducs d'Enron!
http://tarpley.net

--Light, A History!