Old January 8th 07, 03:11 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro,rec.org.mensa
tomcat

Default mass is light.

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 7 Jan 2007 22:34:32 -0800, in a place far, far away, "tomcat"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

On "Coast to Coast" it was mentioned that 'light' or 'photons' are
timeless.

Well, if Art Bell says so, it must be right.

There is more to our World than meets the eye. How can anything be?
How can even a drop of water exist? -- Perhaps it doesn't.

Perhaps, when everything is taken into account it all equals exactly .
.. . zero. It is this 'twist' that might mean a 'single photon'
duplicates because of many lesser 'twists'.

Somehow nothing becomes everything. And this process of becoming, but
never really existing in an absolute sense, is precisely what physics,
science, and engineering are all about whether or not physicists,
scientists, or engineers realize it or not.

The necessary of 'twist' of nothing into everything must involve very
strange mechanics. And, with quantum mechanics, we certainly do have
very strange mechanics, indeed. Are photons massless? If so then how
can they interact with matter? How could a truly massless object
impinge itself on our senses. And then, of course, you have that silly
little solar engine spinning round and round because photons hit the
paddles with . . . force. That 'force' must mean mass. And, YOU, know
it.

Is everything composed of photons? Well, if light is such a strange
phenomena, being timeless and whatnot, then perhaps it is the
fundamental building block of our Universe.

tomcat