Old January 27th 04, 08:09 PM
Bill Bonde ( the oblique allusion in lieu of the f

Default "Good news" -- Spirit responds in 'cripple mode'

"Gary W. Swearingen" wrote:

"Bill Bonde ( the oblique allusion in lieu of the frontal attack )" writes:

Thanks. I noticed that this board has a PCI bus. Don't tell me they
actually have PCI cards in the Mars rover. Good grief!

OK, I won't. But I will tell you it's possible to use a PCI bus
without PCI cards and PCI connectors. For example, many PC
motherboards have on-board devices hooked up to the PCI bus on the
motherboard, avoiding the need for a PCI card and PCI connector. And
I guess they all have the main chipsets hooked up to the PCI bus
without using a card or connector.

OK, but you'd think they'd say something like that.