Old August 8th 06, 06:06 AM posted to sci.astro
subhash

Default Questions about annual aberration and annual parallax of stars

Dear Sir,
Received your valuable explaination of my querries but still I want the
further clearification of the following -
The measurement of the major axis of the ellipses formed by stellar
aberration and parallax by taking the positional photographs in the
observatories of the star under consideration time to time in the
duration one year then the major axis are majored of both the ellipses
given the value of stellar aberration and parallax respectively. The
value of the major axis of aberrational ellipse is 20.47 as a constant
for all the stars while the value of the parallax ellipse changes star
to star. The maximum value being .772 arc-second for the nearest star
Proxima Cen while this value is different for other distant stars. The
distances of the stars is calculated as 1/parallax arc-second.
Now my problem is the value of major axis for the aberrational ellipse
is perfectly constant 20.47 for each star or it varies by slight values
if it varies then what is the lower and upper limit of variation.
I will be much oblidged for the reply or the suggestion that where can
I get the proper detailed answer.
With deep regards,

S.C. Jain
e-mail