Old July 1st 17, 07:22 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Default ASTRO: M95/M96 from La Palma

M95 and M96 are of course well accessible from Germany, but I needed something to fill a time gap before I could image galaxies in Virgo when I was at Athos/La Palma last February/March.

This couple was a nice fit for the field of view I had at 800mm focal length.

Taken from Athos/La Palma with a Pentax 125 SDP plus ASI 1600MM cool camera on an AZ-EQ6 mount, 27x5 min Lum, 13x5 min R, 12x5min G and 12x5min B.
I scaled the image down to 1,2 arcseconds/pixel because seeing was not good in one of the imaging nights.

The image is slightly too large for spacebanter, so I'll just post the link:
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp11/M95M96kleingut.jpg

Stefan