Old November 4th 10, 03:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics,alt.politics
Pat Flannery

Default Secret of Nuclear Fragmentation Rocket Thrust

On 11/3/2010 11:57 PM, Damon Hill wrote:
As ever, Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fission-fragment_rocket

Now, let me get this straight; first we make a whole bunch of Elvis
Presley/Ann-Margret 45 RPM records featuring songs from the movie "Viva
Los Alamos"* out of U-235 and stick them in a nuclear jukebox, and then...

*EP: "I'll tell you just what we're going to do, out of this one little
atom we're going to make two...when I saw you in that bikini I just
about blew...gone fission...gone fission."
AM: "Plutonium is hot, but not as hot as you...you'll get me to yield
before you're through...gone fission, gone fission."

Pat